- Decision support for doctors in diagnosis and determining the best course of treatment. Dashboards like this one can provide correlations between treatment and vital signs.
Jul 19, 2018 12:00:00 PM
May 14, 2018 12:00:00 PM
For a recent project, we had to copy data from ERP systems in 3 countries to Azure SQL. With each instance of the ERP application having more than 70 tables, using the traditional method for defining data sets and copying data would be too tedious. In ADF v2, using certain parameters, we were able to make this entire process dynamic and all it took was 1 day for all this to work.
Apr 30, 2018 5:00:00 PM
After three years of falling prices, 2018 is looking like the year that the Singapore property market's will start turning around. We did a small study for one of the leading condominium developers in Singapore to try and use the latest machine learning approaches to determine property prices.
Our job was to use public data to set a reliable estimate of the psm selling price. Market and competitive research will yield a benchmark price per square meter, but how do you place a value on other important factors, such as the demographic profile of the residents, access to public services and recreational facilities? Do you have the capability to test your assumptions before project costs are incurred, perform what-if analyses on the fly, and present the information in a compelling way to investors?
This is where analytics can help.
Apr 30, 2018 12:00:00 PM
Power BI Desktop allows you to visualize geographical data using maps. The current version (October 2017) has the following types of maps:
- Filled Map
- ArcGIS Map
- Shape Map
In this post we focus on the Shape Map. In contrast to the Map, the Shape Map cannot show precise geographical locations of data points on a map. Instead, its main purpose is to show relative comparisons of regions on a map by coloring them differently.
Apr 30, 2018 12:00:00 PM
Machine Learning Services
Machine Learning Services in SQL Server is designed to support data science tasks without exposing your data to security risks or moving data unnecessarily.
Key benefits include:
- Avoids data movement and data risk by bringing analytics to the data
- Integrates the best features of open source with Microsoft's enterprise capabilities (revoscale and microsoftml libraries).
- Easy to deploy and consume predictive models
- Integration with existing workflows
- Unified governance across analytics and storage